This article describes a feature in the first Apocalypse Rising
You can play the original version here .
This page is about the first version of Apocalypse Rising, before all the modern variety of tools, utilities, food, gear, drinks, vehicles, etc. Bandits and players who killed on sight were rare.
Also known as v1.1.0 to V3.0.0, this was the first installment of the Apocalypse Rising series of maps. There are currently four maps that were created for Apocalypse Rising: Kin Region, Amend Region, Kin Re-imagined and Kin Reborn.
- All the weapons were just as scarce as the others, so practically everyone had an Mk 48 or other powerful weapons.
- There was only one backpack which had a total of 20 slots and was considered military.
- All players were bald; there were no cosmetic options.
- There were no perks.
- People who joined the game would be instantly spawned in the world, but a tutorial would be available.
- Zombies had no custom clothes, only colored body parts.
- Zombies didn't have the "chasing" sound.
- The Makarov had a much bigger model.
- There were four utility slots.
- The map was small and other players could be found almost everywhere.
- There was no inventory shortcut key.
- The game did not save data.
- It has many outdated weapon reticles.
- You cannot press "R" to reload.
- There was a completely different map including a Military Airfield.
- Dirk only consisted of three houses.
- There was a bug that would cause you to lose your arms and get infinite ammo, when you changed your gun to a different gun. This bug has since been patched.