This article describes a feature in the first Apocalypse Rising
A firepit is a deployable object the game. Its primary purpose is to cook Meat, but it can also be used as a quick light source.
A firepit is the only known way to cook raw meat. Cooked meat is comparable to an MRE , restoring 100% of your Hunger and 30% of your Health. A firepit is deployed from Firewood by clicking on it in your inventory and clicking on "Make Firepit." Once deployed, a firepit can not be moved nor put back into your inventory.
- Whether firepits attracts zombies or not is unknown.
- A deployed firepit automatically spawns with stones around it, like a real firepit .
- A firepit gives off a good amount of light, comparable to a Road Flare. Players should be wary of bandits attracted by it.
- For players looking to kill Bandits, firepits can be used as lures.
- During the night, if a player doesn't need the light provided by the firepit, it is a good idea to cook meat and then immediately run away.
- It is highly recommended that you do not use firepits in Kin, Hark, and Vernal.
- A deployed firepit automatically has small rocks surrounding it.
- If you listen to a Firepit closely, you can hear a sizziling and popping sound.
- A firepit will not burn or damage you in any way.