This article describes a feature in the first Apocalypse Rising
Flashlights are the main source of light and are utilities in Apocalypse Rising. They were first introduced in v5.0.0. There are 3 main flashlights, and a rare-spawning military light source known as an Omni-light, along with a military-grade flashlight attachment.
Types of Flashlights
There are five different flashlights in the game.
|Old Flashlight||Civilian||The worst flashlight, spawn item, weak brightness.|
|Survival Flashlight||Civilian||The second-best flashlight, medium brightness.|
|Military Flashlight||Military||The best flashlight in the game, high brightness.|
|Omni Light||Military||Similar to Chemlights, with the same brightness of the Military Flashlight.|
|Flashlight (Attachment)||Military||Attachment for military weapons.|
- It is recommended that The Player uses the Flashlight for only a minimum amount of time (2-7 seconds) to make sure they are not seen and attacked by bandits. Using them indoors may also help you become more unnoticeable when using them.
- Omni-Lights are the worst if you don't want to attract bandits; military flashlights are better if you want to illuminate something other than yourself.
- Sometimes when equipping the flashlight it will appear for a fraction of a second where you equipped it last time. This is mostly noticeable when taking out the flashlight multiple times while moving.
- It is not recommended to use a flashlight due to the new brightness update, making the area MUCH brighter than before, thus making flashlights not so useful.
- If you hold a flashlight and turn it on and off over and over again while squatting or crouching it is considered an Apoc peace sign.