|M14 Battle Rifle|
5 bodyshots, 4 headshots
|Magazine Size||20 (standard), 30 (extended), 50 (drum).|
7.62 x 51mm NATO
|Rate of Fire||
4-5 shots/1.4 seconds
Helicopter crash sites, military tents, military buildings, etc.
The M14 is the closest thing to a sniper rifle in apocalypse rising. To make it most effective as a marksman's rifle, you place an ACOG or SUSAT sight as the optic. Then you give it a foregrip to minimize recoil, and it is suggested you add an suppressor to make yourself harder to locate. It can take underbarrel attachments, the 7.62 suppressor and various weapon sights. It can take 20, 30 and 50 (drum) magazines.
The M14's firing mode is preset to semi-automatic, but can be changed to fully automatic or burst fire.
Kin's Sniper Hill
Where the M14's long range best excels at is Kin's Sniper Hill. It's a great place to snipe because it's high and far, so that bandits will have a hard time sniping you. But you can snipe them. Just get a grip and an ACOG. Plus, becoming a hero could be a little easier if you can snipe out those bandits for good.
- This was the last American battle rifle that did not need the involvement of other countries.
- This gun was probably made in 1959.
- This gun was used in the vietnam war.
- A civilian version of the gun, the M1A, was originally going to be added in the game, but was canceled.
- Arguably the most accurate battle rifle in the game. May not have the best stats, but people love it.
- A popular argument usually is that the best sniper in the game is either the M14 with a SUSAT scope or an M14 with an ACOG scope.
- It resembles the M1 Garand, except it's black in color. This due to the fact that, in reality, the M14 is really just an improvement of the M1 Garand system.