This article describes a feature in the first Apocalypse Rising
The Military Airfield, often referred to simply as "MA", is a landmark in the Amend and Reborn maps, similar to Reimagined's Refugee Camp. Due to the name and the allure of military loot, the Airfield is a hotspot for players, and arguably one of the most dangerous areas to be in the game. It is suggested that players avoid the Airfield until they have high-tier civilian or military and/or a group of people to loot with.
Industrial loot can spawn in the warehouses (Amend) or hangars (Reborn).
Amend: The Military Airfield is located in the northeast corner between the coordinates G-1 and H-1.
Reborn: The Military Airfield is located around the coordinate E-3, directly west of Vernal.
Amend: The Military Airfield consists of a runway, hangars, an air traffic control tower, fire station, and other buildings such as warehouses.
Reborn: The Military Airfield consists of a runway, hangars, a military and medical tent, barracks, and several miscellaneous military buildings.
- On March 13, 2016 it was confirmed that the Military Outpost of Reborn will be removed and merged with the airfield, notice the wall, the small guard towers and the new buildings at the side.
- The update was redacted, they re-added Military Outpost, but kept the "merged" Airfield.
- The military airfield of Amend and Reborn look almost identical.
- Even after the new update, there was an extremely rare chance of finding a server that still had the outpost and the military airfield.
- From 2008-Lazarus Update, there was an old airfield, but pictures of it are limited and it was poorly made.